Why Tiny Houses are Popular in NC
Lately, it seems that everybody is obsessed with the idea of tiny homes. These miniature versions of their larger counterparts are often filled with neat space-saving ideas and eco-friendly products. Its no wonder, more and more Bay Staters are looking for tiny houses for sale in NC.
The tiny house movement is much more than an architectural movement, it is a social movement as well. People who adopt this lifestyle are often minimalists who want fewer material possessions as well as leaving less of an impact on the environment.
Tiny homes are usually defined as being less than 400 square feet of usable space and are either built on a solid foundation or on wheels.
With the average size of a family home approaching 2500 sq. feet and the size of the average family on the decline, it should not come as a surprise that people are starting to realize that they are taking up too much space. One important idea behind owning a smaller house is that you won’t become a victim of lifelong debt.
Many tiny home owners can often live debt-free and get to enjoy a few other benefits that can’t be found when living in a full-size home.
The Benefits of Tiny Houses
Here, we will give you a quick overview of a few of the key benefits that tiny home owners get to enjoy.
- Community – With a growing number of people turning towards the tiny house lifestyle, it is becoming easier to find other people who share the same values as you. In many regions, it has become easier to find tiny houses for sale in NC and there are constantly new tiny house communities popping up throughout the state.
- Sustainable – More people are starting to realize that in living our conventional lives, we are creating a lot of garbage and needing more and more money to be able to maintain our households. Those who adopt a tiny house get to make a sustainable choice that helps reduce our impact on the environment. Many tiny homes are outfitted with generators or solar panels and do not rely on utilities the way you normally would. Some tiny homes may even employ completely organic appliances such as using a compost toilet instead of a traditional sewage system.
- Minimize – Another thing that people are starting to realize is that, in general, we have far more things than we truly need in life. We have these giants home which we fill with things that often serve no practical purpose. When you purchase tiny homes for sale in NC, you will be forced to part ways with a lot of your possessions. Tiny houses simply do not have the space required to store things that you never use. This, in turn, means that you will have less clutter and a house that is easier to maintain.
- Move Around – When you live in a tiny house, you are not tied down to huge mortgages and debts that can take a lifetime to pay off. Without constantly needing to worry about paying down your credit, you will be able to enjoy life more. You will be able to spend money on traveling, or if your tiny house is on wheels, you can simply pick up your entire life and move it wherever you want.
Cost of Tiny Houses for Sale in NC
There are many factors that will influence the cost of a tiny homes for sale in NC. Some tiny homes may cost as little as $20,000 all the way up to $150,000. This includes things such as what type of materials are used to build the home and whether you need a separate lot to place your tiny home on.
While some builders may give quotes as low as $30,000, the actual average cost of a tiny home is likelier between $70,000 and $130,000. This will include a completed tiny house that is fully finished on the inside and out. At the upper end of the price spectrum, you will also likely be able to have your tiny house furnished for you. This way, on moved in day, all you’ll need is your suitcase and you’ll be ready to call the place your own.
Where Can I Get a Tiny House in NC?
The answer to this question boils down to either buying a tiny house or building a tiny house. When you are looking to make the move into the tiny life, you must either have a tiny house built or you must purchase one from its owner.
Both ways of getting into a tiny house have their ups and downs. For some people, if they are looking to move sooner than later, might want to consider purchasing a tiny house. This process would be quite like the way a person goes about buying a full-size family home, except that the principal to be borrowed would be far less.
However, if time allows, the best course of action is to build your tiny house yourself. Not necessarily with your own hands, many people choose to enlist the help of a builder to design and build their tiny home for them.
Why Hiring a Builder is Better Than Looking for Used Tiny Homes for Sale in NC?
The choice to hire a builder often comes out as a clear winner against buying your tiny house for its previous owner. When you enlist a builder, you will be involved in the process and get to make many of the choices including what materials are used and how the tiny house will be laid out.
Here are a few key benefits of using a professional contractor to build your tiny house.
- Solid Build – Contractors are experienced in building tiny homes and know how to build a solid structure that is guaranteed to last. When you buy a used tiny house, you will not get to see what went into the build and you will never truly know how solid the house truly is.
- Involvement – When dealing with a builder, they should involve you in the entire process. Every decision that is made should be passed to you first. A good contractor will make sure to discuss any plans or changes that are being made and should always take your opinions into consideration.
- Customization – As previously stated, a builder should involve you in the entire building process. This means that you get to totally customize your tiny home just the way you want it. You will get to choose which building materials are used, how the house is laid out and how the interior will be finished once the frame is completed.
- Furnishing – Many builders ever give you the option of furnishing your tiny house for you. This ensures that once complete, the house will be completely move-in ready. You will get to pick the furniture and what appliances get put into the house. A good builder should also ensure that all interior finishing is complete before furnishing the home.
- Cheaper – The cost of using a builder will often be less than purchasing a used tiny home. Many owners, who are selling their tiny homes, are looking to make at least some small profit on the sale. This means that buying will often cost you significantly more than building your tiny home from the ground up.
What Can We Offer
We offer our customers the ability to make huge impact that comes in a small package.
Build Tiny House knows that the tiny house movement is not just about being able to travel or paying off debt. It is part of a holistic lifestyle which aims to simplify life and to help reduce our impact on the planet as a species. Making the transition to this lifestyle is about making the world that much better and leaving it in a better state than the way we found it.
We stop at nothing when it comes to being environmentally friendly. We want to offer our customers the best choices and aim to arm them with all the knowledge that they will need to go through with the process of building their tiny home.
As always, Build Tiny House keeps their client’s wants and needs in mind. We work with each customer to make sure that their needs are met and that allows us to build the exact house that they are looking for.
We are now proud to announce that Timber Frame tiny houses will be added to our product lineup. This provides our customer with a sustainable choice that is durable, non-toxic and naturally fire-resistant. Timber also provide us with the ability to design your tiny house in ways that would not be allowed when using other materials. The possibilities are endless.
Many of our clients also live with fewer debts or smaller mortgages. This provides them with the ability to pursue their true passions in life and some tiny home owners, namely those whose houses are on wheels have the capability to move their home wherever it is they wish.
In addition to a renewed sense of freedom, tiny house owners become a part of a community of people who share the same values as you. Not only are there many tiny house villages throughout the state, there is also an even larger community of tiny home owners across the nation and around the world. Whether through online forums or community activities you will get an insider’s view as to what the tiny house movement is all about.
Build Tiny house wants to help you create a beautiful home to call your own. Therefore, we even offer to provide furnishings to tiny houses for sale in NC. From appliances to furniture, we want to take all the stress out of getting you moved into your new home. With your new home fully-furnished, all you’ll have to do is walk in and call the place your own.
Build Tiny House supplies tiny home anywhere in the United States and even provides free delivery to your property. Our services can be found in the following major cities:
Laws Regarding Tiny Houses in NC
In NC, one of the biggest issues for tiny houses are local zoning regulations. Most towns have a minimum size requirement for single-family dwellings that include ceiling heights and square footage. Even for tiny homes on wheels, there are many zoning laws in the state which aim keep mobile homes off properties.
This may leave you wondering where you can place a tiny home in NC. Unfortunately, right now, people are mostly confined to RV parks or an individual’s own backyard.